Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, Chris Matheson Cold Case, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty-five titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!
Killer Deadline marks Lauren’s first venture into mystery’s purely cozy sub-genre with a female protagonist.
Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, crime fiction, police procedurals, romance, and humor.
A popular speaker, Lauren is also the owner of Acorn Book Service, the umbrella under which falls iRead Book Tours. She lives with her husband and two spoiled rotten German Shepherds on a mountain in Harpers Ferry, WV.
He’s Not Snarly, Vote 4 Gnarly!
Top ten reasons why you should vote for Gnarly to be our next president.
1) He’s a dog. I know what you’re saying. Gnarly is playing the “dog card.” But think about it. How many times have you heard someone say, “I trust dogs more than I trust humans”? Well, it’s true. Why? Because dogs don’t lie. Face it. He’s not going to tell you that he loves you and will go to back for you and work his heart out for you in order to win a thousand votes from you. If Gnarly doesn’t like you, he’ll bite you on the ankle. Now how refreshing is that in a presidential candidate?!
2) Gnarly will never lie to you. See Number 1.
3) No New Taxes. Gnarly doesn’t know what taxes are. As long as no one tells him, you don’t have to worry about him imposing any.
4) You can trust Gnarly to keep our nation’s secrets safe. Just last week, he got a Blackberry and he ate it. He doesn’t use email because every time he gets near a computer he tends to chew on it and then it gets messed up. So there is no question about his emails being hacked and then him lying about it.
5) Gnarly will go to North Korea to negotiate an end to their nuclear testing. This might not be a good idea because they eat dogs in Korea.
6) Gnarly will repeal the leash law—Day One in office—every word of it.
7) Gnarly will repeal ObamaCare. Mainly because he hates going to the doctor and getting shots.
8) Before this decade is out, Gnarly intends to send a man to Mars and back—not a dog—because that will be dangerous. Best to send a man—preferably a terrorist. That way if something unfortunate happens, there will be no great loss.
9) Gnarly promises unlimited dog biscuits in every home, and a dog park and fire hydrants on every block.
10) Gnarly will hold a summit, bringing together the canine and feline leaders of all the countries throughout the world to work out a peace agreement to settle all their differences. No humans allowed. They had their chance. Now it’s time to get down to business.
Book Title: Candidate for Murder by Lauren Carr
Series: A Mac Faraday Mystery (Volume 12)
Category: Adult fiction, 464 pages
Genre: Murder Mystery / Political Satire
Publisher: Acorn Book Services
Release date: June 9, 2016
Content Rating: PG-13 – (Lauren Carr’s books are murder mysteries, so there are murders involved. Occasionally, a murder will happen on stage. There is sexual content, but always behind closed doors. Some mild swearing (a hell or a damn few and far between). No F-bombs!
It’s election time in Spencer, Maryland, and the race for mayor is not a pretty one. In recent years, the small resort town has become divided between the year-round residents who enjoy their rural way of life and the city dwellers who are moving into mansions, taking over the town council, and proceeding to turn Deep Creek Lake into a closed-gate community—complete with a host of regulations for everything from speed limits to clotheslines. When the political parties force-feed two unsavory mayoral nominees to the town’s residents, David O’Callaghan, the chief of police, decides to make a statement—by nominating Gnarly, Mac Faraday’s German shepherd, to run for mayor of Spencer! What starts out as a joke turns into a disaster when overnight, Gnarly becomes the front-runner, and his political opponents proceed to dig into the canine’s past. When one of the mayoral candidates ends up dead, it becomes apparent that slinging mud is not enough for someone with a stake in this election. With murder on the ballot, Mac Faraday and the gang—including old friends from past cases—dive in to clear Gnarly’s name, catch a killer, and save Spencer!